I think my grade 6 year went well because I was on task almost all of the time. My best subject was novel studies because I love to read. Sometimes I got distracted when my friends were goofing off but that rarely ever happened. I think I did peer work well but I would rather work alone.
2. What was something that was very memorable?
I think the most memorable thing I did in grade 6 was my science project on space because it was really fun to work on. I got to learn all these cool facts and my parents, peers, and teachers all helped me with it. I love learning all about things that are so far away. Did you know Jupiter's red spot is bigger than Earth?
3. Looking back on your reading comprehension throughout the year, what was one thing you were really proud of?
One thing I am really proud of while learning was when we read " Touching Spirit Bear" we had to do a little reflection sheets, and on one day I put so much on my paper I had to write really tiny and when the teacher assessed us I got a 4 out of 4. I put my mind to things I really like, so I must have really liked that book to put so much effort into it.
4. What was one thing you struggled with in terms of reading that you should continue working on?
One thing I struggled with in terms of reading is sometimes pronouncing words, but reading is my best subject so I do not have problems with it necessarily.
5. What writing piece were you the most proud of? What about it made you proud?
My favourite writing was my victim impact statement on "Touching Spirit Bear" because I put so much time and effort into it at home and at school and after drafts and typing, I finally finished it and I thought it was really good.
6. What was one thing you still need to work on throughout all of your writing?
One thing I know I need to work on throughout writing is mostly spelling big words. I know I need to work on this because when peers mark my work sometimes I have spelling errors.
7. What is one thing that you do well with in terms of communication and one thing that you should keep working on?
One thing that I do well with in terms of communicating is when I talk to peers I really speak my mind. One thing that I should keep working on is getting to the point of what I'm saying.
8. Do you think you do a good job asking for help when you need it?
I think I do ask for help when I need it. I don't get embarrassed and when I need help, I ask for it.
9. Talk about a time when you struggled with something in math. What was it and how did you get better at it?
In math I struggled with percentages because I found it hard to turn percent into a decimal. I got better at it when I went over it with my dad. He is really smart, so after he helped me I got better at it.
10. What was one thing you were really proud of in math this year?
Something I'm really proud of in math is my ratio unit quiz. I got 36/36 and I put so much effort into it. I had no idea I was going to get a perfect score!
11. We spent a lot of time learning about Social Emotional learning. How do you self-regulate?
You self regulate by calming your mind and feeling good. You can self-regulate in your own ways. I would curl up in bed and tae deep breaths. I would also set goals like, "How can I feel good tomorrow?"
12. How did you like project based learning? what was your strengths? What could you work on in the future?
My strengths on project based learning are being able to come up with my own words, put them into sentences then present them in front of people.
13. You experienced different types of different types of innovated learning within the classroom. How did this best support your learning? What did you like about it?
I liked the different types of innovative learning because I liked having choice. With blogs we could choose what to write about, genius hour was put into our hands. I liked the ability to have choice.
14. Everyday you never had to sit in the same spot, you had a different seat to start your morning. What did you like about this?
I liked the idea of sitting somewhere different so that you were never sitting somewhere too long that started fooling around with the person next to you. It was someone new everyday.
My goals over the summer are
to make sure I don't forget anything I've learned, have fun and go to summer camp so I can learn more in that too.
My goals for grade 7 numeracy are
to be the best I can be and really listen to the teacher and try to understand all of the math and numbers and not fall behind.
My goals for grade 7 literacy are
To work more on spelling so that I can spell more words right and not have a lot of corrections. I also want to be better at brainstorming. Sometimes I don't brainstorm I just do it.
My overall goals for grade 7 are
to be a great me, the best I can be and put my mind to everything. Get things done on time and never slack so much that I don't know what we're doing. I am going to be a great me.
15. What did you learn about in Aboriginal Culture?
In Aboriginal Education this year I learned that you must respect the animals and only kill an animal an animal if you need to eat. Never betray your family and be free with the wind. Never lose the Indian in you. Love your family and be free. B.C is the Coast Salish land.